Home/Dwelling Insurance

Home/Dwelling Insurance

Risks owners and renters face may be similar, but insurance needs differ.

J.G. Elliott Insurance Center is here to help you find the perfect renters & home insurance policy for your home, condo, rental property or vacant dwelling. We also coordinate your insurance plan to meet all the requirements for your home or dwelling.


Your home may be be your most expensive life purchase. Therefore, it’s a great idea for your homeowner’s policy to reflect your investment.

Rental Property

Rental property covered under personal insurance is habitational property owned by an individual, not a corporation, partnership or LLC, and rented to individuals. The structure may consist of up to four units and the owner may occupy one of the units in a multiunit structure.

Condo Owners

Condominium or cooperative unit owners own only the inside of their units. The outside of their units are owned by the condominium association or the cooperative. All insurance-related issues must be evaluated based on the condominium or cooperative bylaws.

Vacant Dwelling

In order to have all of the coverage your typical home policy covers, you must purchase a vacant home policy. There are additional underwriting criteria for these policies and generally they require that you keep the utilities on, lawn maintained and someone must inspect the property on a regular basis.

Beyond Insurance.

Frequently people go for years without reviewing their insurance program, even though life quickly changes. By answering a few questions, you can have the peace of mind knowing that your family and possessions are protected.








Scottsbluff, Nebraska Phone: 308.635.2023 

Torrington, Wyoming Phone: 307.532.2147 

Wheatland, Wyoming Phone: 307.322.4025 

Casper, Wyoming Phone: 307.439.7777